“Design is a function of connection. There is nothing more vulnerable than creativity. And what is art is it’s not love?”
– Elizabeth Gilbert
There’s many things you can do to help you tap into your creative side. We all have one, we just have to allow ourselves to go there. Below are a few tips and advice that can help you unlock your creativity.
- It’s important to become inspired and expose yourself to things that make you think and let you see things from a different perspective.
- Find Your Style
- Get to know yourself and allow yourself opportunities to discover what you like, and what you don’t like. Spend time doing your favorite things.
- Be Passionate About Your Work
- Focus on what you want to do. Work hard at it. Meet goals that you set for yourself.
- Change You Diet
- Spinach, whole grain pasta, tofu, milk, salmon and sunflower seeds are all proven to make you more creative and feel happy.
- Explore All Ideas
- Let your imagination run wild. While brainstorming, play around with the worst idea you can think of. It may lead somewhere a lot more interesting.
Below is some more advice that may help you when trying to be creative.
Whenever you are trying to get into a creative mode, make sure you environment is comfortable to you. Find somewhere you won’t be disturbed. The more relaxed you are the more likely ideas will come to you. Some concepts to explore to help create a creative space are Feng Shui and color psychology. “Eat, Pray, Love” author Elizabeth Gilbert has a very specific way to create this space mentally.
“The way that I have to work is I have to create a protective psychological construct. I have to find some way to have a safe distance between me – as I am writing – and me – and my very natural anxiety about what the reaction is going to be from now on.”
Continue to the next page below.